Your local HDI chapter is here for you, our IT support community. We want to help you where you need it most. To that end, we are planning an event for early March to gather input from our members, potential members, and guests. Final date and venue to be determined, but we are thinking about March 9 or 10.
HDI empowers a highly engaged community of technical support professionals with the resources to reach their career goals while optimizing the success of their support centers.
Join thousands of your peers, from frontline analysts to seasoned directors, in a community where you can make connections, learn best practices, establish friendships, and grow. HDI is a place where you can go to:
- Gain industry knowledge
- Learn from your peers
- Excel in your career
- Improve the maturity of your support organization
- Acknowledge and celebrate professional achievement
- Save money on professional and organizational development
For just $295 a year, HDI members receive exclusive access to unique resources and opportunities that help them connect, learn, and succeed.
As the premier organization for technical support professionals, HDI offers a variety of individual and team certifications. To date, over 65,000 professionals at all levels of support have been certified. Certification training can be delivered in formats including classroom and virtual self-study.
Key reasons to pursue certification include:
* Improved service: Service skills enhanced through customer focus, leadership and strategic direction
* Increased value: Certified professionals average 5% higher income than their non-certified peers
* Competitive advantage: Increased trust and credibility with customer
As VP of Training and Development, it is my honor to help the San Antonio technical professional community take advantage of opportunities for growth and development. We are currently working toward organizing Knowledge Centered Support Foundations training in San Antonio in coming months. In addition we would like to gauge the level of interest in other certification training including (but not limited to):
Please reach out to me, Doug Rabold, VP of Training and Development, at (210)-793-0069 if you have any questions or would like to express possible interest in these or other certification training sessions. (No obligation at this time; we just need to get preliminary indications of interest.)
Thank you and I look forward to serving your training needs in 2016!
Here’s a video about HDI certification.
On December 3, 2015, HDI San Antonio honored San Antonio’s outstanding IT analysts and desktop technicians with our annual awards luncheon at Maggiano’s Little Italy. Y&L Consulting, sponsor for this event, provided door prizes to lucky attendees.
The judges had their work cut out for them with this year’s group of nominees. After the votes were cast, this year’s Analyst of the Year for San Antonio local chapter went to Tim Kruse from Rackspace, and the Desktop Technician of the Year went to Holly Connor from SWBC. They will be representing the San Antonio chapter in the regional competition. Best of luck, Tim and Holly!
Congratulations to this year’s Nominees!
Analyst of the Year Nominees
- Jon Ybanez – Southwest Business Corporation, Y & L Consulting
- Chris Wilson – CPS Energy
- Kimberly Walker – CPS Energy
- Chris Luna – Capital Group, Randstad
- Charles Bremer – Whataburger
- She-ra Soto – Whataburger
- Tim Kruse – Rackspace
- Mike Brandenburgh – NuStar Energy, Y & L Consulting
- Denise Bryant – Security Service Federal Credit Union
- Daniel Hettler – Broadway Bank
- Jose Benavidez – Northside Independent School District
Desktop Support Technician of the Year Nominees
- Gabriel Zacarias – CPS Energy
- Barry Lorton – CPS Energy
- Albert Lopez – NuStar Energy, Y & L Consulting
- Holly Connor – Southwest Business Corporation, Y & L Consulting
- Andre Van Buren – Tesoro Petroleum, Y & L Consulting
- Marc Overall – Rackspace
Congratulations to all of this year’s nominees!
Please join us in thanking our sponsor for this event, Y & L Consulting.
This event well attended, with local IT professionals from Whataburger, CPS Energy, Y&L Consulting, TEKSystems, UTHSC, Trinity University, Alamo Colleges, Northside ISD, Rackspace, Texas Department of Banking, students from ITT Technical Institute, and even HDI Central Region Director, Nick Lerouge. We would like to thank ITT Technical Institute for hosting this chapter meeting and serving a delicious fajita lunch.
If you missed the presentation, you can check it out here.
Please join the HDI San Antonio Chapter Wednesday, October 21, at 11:00 AM as Ron Willbanks, Senior Director for Infrastructure & Operations at CPS Energy, presents an ITSM Maturity Roadmap and overview of his organization’s plan to implement these strategies. This will be an interactive presentation/discussion, with other local San Antonio IT leaders sharing their ITSM experiences and plans over a lunch.
We look forward to seeing you on October 21st. For any questions please contact Bernard Beaullieu, 210-710-4161.