From the President’s Desk…
Greetings from HDI San Antonio! It's hard to believe the holidays are long gone and we are all fully engaged in the business of running our organizations. We had our first HDI San Antonio Executive Board meeting for 2012 last Thursday and it was a fun/productive gathering.
A Special thanks goes out to Ben Garcia, UTSA, Deborra Cardenas, Trinity University, Thomas Pacheco, Labatt Foods, Ron Willbanks, Whataburger and Dan Diehl, Valero for participating in the meeting and their great input.
As always, our focus for the meeting was "Bringing Value to the San Antonio IT Support Community". We all agreed that 2011 was a huge success for HDI San Antonio and so the challenge for us is; "How do We Top That"? The answer we came up with is simple. We will continually strive to improve the relevance and quality of our programs. To that end here is what we have planned for 2012 so far:
- Thursday, February 16th HDI San Antonio Executive Board Meeting, (Open to all Local HDI Members), 11:30AM to 1:00PM.
- Wednesday, March 1, Lunch Social at El Chaparral Restaurant.
- Wednesday, May 15th, HDI San Antonio Membership Meeting/Program, "Review of the HDI Annual Conference".
- Wednesday, August 15th, HDI San Antonio Membership Meeting/Program, "Presentation/Open Discussion, Pepsico, Knowledge Centered Support, (Updated Presentation)".
- Wednesday, September 19th, HDI San Antonio Membership Meeting/Program, TBD.
- Wednesday, October 17th, Membership Meeting/Program, TBD.
- Wednesday, November 14th, "HDI San Antonio Analyst of the Year". We plan to expand this year's AOY Program to include "Analyst of the Year" and "Desktop Support Specialist of the Year,". We are planning to grow this event and market it community wide.
In addition to these planned events we have left space in the calendar to respond to specific needs/ideas for programs, training, site visits and satellite discussion groups.
We are still working on developing a "Profile/Forum" for interested members. This offering will include direct access to fellow HDI San Antonio members with the ability to closely collaborate on a local level. We hope to build on the level of networking and sharing that occurred in 2011.
We are also working on Chapter Sponsors and offering some HDI Training Courses locally.
Please do consider joining us on February 16th , 11:30 to 1:00 for our Open Executive Board meeting. It is always a fun/informative event.
Thanks again for all your support.